CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 5 January 2013

Our 12.12.12 wedding in Las Vegas!

What more can I say? Today was the day that I married my sweet man Roger. Today was the day we have waited over 4 long years for.

People have asked "why Vegas" well the answer was simple, when we first met I went on holiday to Las Vegas, it parted us at the point when all we wanted to be was together, it was the day I left for Las Vegas that Roger ended his marriage and it was the day I came home that I ended mine...(both were already bad and on the last legs prior to us meeting with no hope of mending).

The following year (2009) we were expecting our little boy Jules and we went on holiday I was 13 weeks pregnant. At the start of the holiday we had taken a phone call from the hospital to tell us we had a high chance of having a baby with Down Syndrome. We decided to have a scan locally and found one that could tell you the sex of the baby at 14 weeks and she agreed to give it a go with us. It was a 4d and 3d scan and was amazing. We found out our little bundle was a baby boy.

The year after that which was traumatic with the birth of Jules (story in another blog) it was Roger's 40th birthday and he wanted to go back to Las Vegas.....so the choice of where to get married seemed fairly logical...well to us anyway! 

I happen to be a rather big Donny Osmond fan, we chose the date 12.12.12 and of course just had to have the "Twelfth of Never" to walk into the wedding and Roger chose The Ramones "Baby I Love You"...that had been one of the first song videos he had sent me on Facebook (how we met) to show how he felt about me after we had met for the first time.

We got married in the La Bella wedding chapel in the Las Vegas Hotel (formally the Hilton where Elvis used to play).

We had the most wonderful meal at Canaletto in St Peter's Square in the Venetian. It was the most wonderful relaxing gorgeous meal.

...and so here are some photos of our wonderful day.


during our vows, I cried all the way through :)
our first kiss as Mr & Mrs Leyster



Us with our sweet boy Jules.


Us with Roger's parents.
Jennifer, Jordan and Julian.


Beautiful Jennifer.
At the Palazzo.


















This is our wedding video, I cried all the way through!

This is the link to the video Roger made for me, how lovely it reduced me to tears too.

We had the most wonderful day, thank you for all of the best wishes, love, cards and pressies but most of all thank you to Gordan and Jackie for coming all that way and joining us on our special day...although of course the journey in first class for them was not hardship lol xx
























































1 comment: