CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Pretty Pink Things.

I love pink things! Pink is such a happy colour. Well it makes me happy anyway. I hate the silly campaign pink stinks where silly mothers feel their sweet girls should not be in pink and campaign against girlie things being in pink, how sad their pretty girls will not know about pink things and what a silly pointless campaign when babies die or are injured due to NHS negligence or cutbacks or when people can not get the care or medicine needed due to lack of funds...start campaigning about real things silly ladies as you never know when you may need them, don't waste your energy on pointless things like an innocent colour. If that is all you have to worry about then I wish my life were so worry free!

Anyway, this love of pink things has and is spreading around the house. I do have to say at this point though our new bathroom has hints of orange and no pink! The kitchen however is another matter altogether.

We have just had a new kitchen and I have kept the pretty pink things. My last kitchen was pink to the max, even pink tiles, although I have black ones this time. I once had a guy in to do the boiler check and I did have a low cut top on that day and was shocked yet secretly pleased when he said to me 'eh you are just like that Jordan bird ain't ya' but before I could take comfort in thinking he thought I looked like a glamour model he added 'yeah she likes all that pink stuff don't she and look at you everything is pink ain't it'....and Helen's ego plummets to the gutter once more!

I have added to the pink things and these are really pretty pink things :) I have discovered 'Pip Studio' I can't wait to move hopefully fairly soon as I aim to have lots of the wallpaper and bedding in the new house. I aim to add to my collection and would love the whole dining set and tea set but that will happen just slowly slowly as we have other things to spend our money on right now like our forthcoming honeymoon to Singapore!

I have these two storage jars, they look so pretty with little rose like handles on the top too. I also have these cups and saucers too and they are so very very pretty and so delicate. I would also love this sugar bowl and milk jug oh and the mugs too!





When you have children you really do need a good oilcloth tablecloth so you can easily wipe it down or it would forever be in the washing machine if you have messy children like ours! I tried very hard to find a perfect one. I had found some in a department store but it was a very wishy washy pink and I wanted something more vibrant. I liked the ideal of floral or roses but wanted a better base for all the flowery beautiful pip studio bits so opted for this tablecloth, it is a lovely bright pink without needing sunglasses. I felt the price was good and it looks so very pretty.



I have pink washing up bowl, drainer and bin but felt I wanted a pink bread bin, that was a little harder to find I have to say but eventually found one that is a lovely shade again and looks great in the kitchen.




I bought these all on amazon for the grand total of zero...how comes you ask? Well I am a savvy mum on a budget and signed up to topcashback and get vouchers (as you get a bit more when you chose amazon for payment). It is easy to use, just go through their homepage to do the search. I earnt nearly £400 in a year, it certainly helps for kids birthday pressies or just for pretty things like this!! You can join by following the link below.



No comments:

Post a Comment